DEVELOPER / PUBLISHER
for buying Bubble Bobble™ from Taito. This arcade hit is now yours to enjoy at home. For the most fun, read this instruction manual thoroughly before you begin your journey!
HOW TO OPERATE
– Push START to begin play after player selection.
– Press START and the SELECT to have Bob join the game during play.
– Push the START button once during game play to pause.
– Push the START button again to resume play.
(to choose one of these options:)
– 1 or 2 player(s) game.
– 1 or 2 player(s) CONTINUE lets you choose a starting level
(by pressing the A or B button) from any of the ones you reached in the last game as long as the NES has not been turned off.
Each level has a special password which is five letters long and uses the first ten letters of the alphabet (ABCDEFGHIJ). It appears each time the game ends. When you turn on your NES, enter the password and you can start trom the last level you played.
Typing the Password
Press the SELECT button to choose the password option and press START. Use the controller arrow keys (up/down) to select a letter. Use the left/right keys to move the bubble cursor across the password. Press the START button. lf the bell rings the password is correct. lf you’re wrong, the bubble cursor moves back to the first letter of the password.
After choosing the correct password, select 1P or 2P CONTINUE and press START.
How to play
how to play
Each player starts with three lives. A life is lost each time Bub or Bob is touched by a beastie or one of its weapons (fireballs, bottles, stones or lasers). The game ends when the number of lives reaches zero.
Move Bub and Bob around each level. Capture the beasties by pressing the B button and blowing bubbles at them. Trap the beasties in the bubble and smash them with a mighty jump or a high speed charge. Try to eat the food items that are left after the bubbles burst. Get rid of all the beasties and go to the next level.
Bubble Bobble has two worlds. Each one has 113 levels. You must successfully complete the first world to advance into the second one. The secret to completing each world lies in level 99.
Beastie Bursting Techniques
- Jump onto a bubble with a trapped beastie and crush him.
- Crash a trapped beastie into the wall.
- Charge into a trapped beastie.
- Groups of bubbles can be broken by bursting the one at the end.
- Stop a bubble by lightly touching it. You can group them this way and then burst them all at once.
- Press the « A » button to jump. By keeping this button down, you can ride up on bubbles that come from below. This technique is very useful for getting to higher sections of some levels.
- One of the best ways to burst a beastie is to run right into him while blowing a barrage of bubbles.
Tableau des points
Burst Bunches of Bubbles for the Following Points
Burst a bubble
Burst a beastie
Burst 2 beasties
Burst 3 beasties
Burst 4 beasties
Burst 5 beasties
Burst 6 beasties
Burst 7 beasties
Capture special magic items to help you burst the beasties!
Magic jars appear on some levels. Capture one and a special bonus screen appears. Gather all the targets in less than 30 seconds and score up to 100,000 points!
Bonus Screen Targets appear on bonus screens.
Appears for a short while at the beginning of a new level.
Round Clear Bonus
MAGIC BONUS ITEMS
Capture these special items to help you win the game.
These goodies give Bub and Bob the power to blow bubbles farther and faster.
Capture these items and you can warp up to five levels.
CROSS OF POWER
This magical bonus can give Bub and Bob the power to summon fire, lightning or water to stop the beasties.
Grab a treasure box. When you burst the last beastie, a big reward falls from the sky.
THE WIZARD'S STAFF
Pick up the mysterious staff. When all the beasties are gone, the reward is yours.
The shoes will speed up Bub and Bob.
A great explosion can wipe out all the beasties on the screen.
HEART OF POWER
Makes you invincible for a limited time.
BOOK OF THUNDER
Lets Bub and Bob blow thunder bubbles.
BOOK OF DEATH
Wipes out the beasties with a mighty earthquake.
Only appears in round 99.
Falling stars will wipe out the beasties.
Falling rocks will descend.
An energy ball appears to bounce around and stop the beasties.
A bubble changes to either a Bub or Bob at the end of the level.
A special EXTEND bubble appears.
DRUG OF THUNDER
Appears in the last round of each world. Lets you blow thunder bubbles.
This item gives you the special bonus round.
HINTS AMD TIPS
- Air currents move the bubbles around so plan your shots well.
- Grab magic bonuses as often as you can; they’ll help you to overcome the beasties.
- Sometimes the best strategy is to let the beasties come to you.
- Baron von Blubba disappears as soon as you burst the last beastie on the screen.
- Bursting a water bubble can help you knock out many beasties. It’s also a great way to escape.
- When you brust a thunder bubble, point Bub or Bob in the opposite direction you want the lightning to travel.
- Beasties can escape from the bubbles. Watch out! They’re going to be very, very angry.
Collect the letters to spell EXTEND. After you have completely spelled Extend, a special screen appears and you move on to the next level.
- Beluga is very clever; don’t try and outguess him.
- lncendo, Stoner, Super Socket and Willy Whistle are particularly nasty.
- Sometimes two players are better than one.
- Learn how to be a bubble rider. You won’t get far if you don’t.
Meet the stars of Bubble Bobble
Take the time to get to know the personalities of each player. Your game will improve as you do.
Baron von Blubba
If you take too much time, you are no match for Baron von Blubba!
Notice, scan : Flo4428
Mise en page : Badi